I’ve just returned from a visit to mid-west Wales, for the iOSDevUK 2012 conference at Aberystwyth Uni. It’s been an awesome three days of meeting brilliant new people, catching up with friends, sharing ideas, learning new stuff and feeling inspired.
And cake. *Lots* of cake.
There’s way too much information to try to capture the entire three days in a short blog post (and there’s lots of stuff my brain is still processing), so here’s ten ideas shared at iOSDevUK 2012:
2. ‘Get comfortable with that feeling of stumbling around in the dark… If you’re feeling the terror, just start building things.’
– Evan Doll (co-founder of Flipboard): Life at the Intersection of Code & Design.
4. ‘Developers are an integral part of the creative team.’
– John Cromie (Director of Technology, Touch Press): Design, coding and production challenges developing app books for literature and the arts.
8. ‘We put stories on to real life to make it manageable.’
– Jan Pinkava (Oscar winning writer and director of Pixar’s Geri’s Game, and creative force behind Ratatouille): An iPhone, an Android, and Einstein walked into a bar