There’s a change in the light.
It’s darker in the mornings for the moment. I head out early for a morning walk and watch the sun come up. It’s lighter until later in the evenings too. Small seedlings are unfurling and there’s the first hint of blossom on the apple trees.
- Saw the magnificent Alessandra Ferri dance in the lead role of Woolf Works at the Royal Opera House. One of the most beautiful pieces of art I’ve seen.
- Explored one of those very narrow and very tall hidden alleyways that London does extremely well.
- Planted tiny strawberry patch in the new bed in front of the shed
- Discovered three tiny new filbert seedlings. These have been rescued and potted up next to the rescued oak, protected under the apple trees.
Reading and watching
- Brittle with relics, by Richard King
- Ted Lasso, season 3
- Bone Music, by Miriam Dobson
- The age of average, by Alex Murrell
- Gemma Ray and the Death Bell Gang – Gemma Ray
- Love is Everywhere (Beware) – Wilco
- The Almond & the Seahorse – Gruff Rhys